Skip to main content

My Birthday Gift


Enjoying my birthday 5 Nov 2004 on his hammock in Fiji


Since we arrived, it has been cloudy every day 




Lying on the hammock, all alone reading for a few hours, I looked at my phone, no messages. No signal on the island.

I thought to myself, this will be the quietest birthday, I have every had. No texts, no E-cards, no GIF birthday wishes..

I looked at the same dreary grey horizon since I arrived in Fiji and thought, God! None of my friends will be able to wish me and celebrate my birthday with me. Do you think you can give me a lovely sunset as a birthday present?




I was awed in a few hours whilst still on the hammock, bright rays of Gold pierced through the clouds!

My heart lept with joy, my spirit knew I was receiving a gift from my Father in heaven.

It was BEAUTIFUL!







It was a very sweet time, as I spent the hour receiving the Gift from the Giver. The peace, the joy, I was drunk with His love. I was his child who could ask anything from my heavenly Father and he would hear!

Perhaps we must remember as we live our busy lives, we have to make time to be alone with God especially in Nature.

When we are close to nature , God 'IS' and can be felt close to us amidst his creations.



written by Millicent Tan, 29th June 2018

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A SYMPHONY OF RAINBOWS by Grace Genevieve Low (Singapore, Dec 2004) “Jesus is still looking for those who are willing to have a testimony created through their lives. One of the major characteristics of a God-ordained testimony is for something to happen that cannot be explained in the natural. In other words, if you can make it happen through your abilities, it is not a testimony about God, but about you”. For the longest time, I have been dragging my feet to write about my mountain trip in August 2003. This was an experience I still recall with shining eyes when I think about it. Even to this day, it continues to cradle my soul – that I thought no amount of written words could fully convey or describe this unfathomable marvel of God. I would have been contented that it remains this way if not for my friends in Christ, who urged me repeatedly to put it all down in writing. So here it is today, my testimony to all of you. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I had a rude shock when I arrived for...
My Testimony - the day i asked God to show himself and he did! I am writing this testimony, to share my experience with friends, who might be thinking and feeling that God is not listeningto them. I assure you, I am a small unworthy person...if God listens to me....I am pretty sure that he would be listening to you too. The testimony I have written below may be a little too detailed for you. It’s a page from my diary and I wanted to remember every insignificant detail that I saw or experienced that day. When God spoke to me... Second day at ICPE (International Catholic Programme For Evangelization)- Germany. It all began on 11th Sept 2001, after the morning lessons, we had lunch and after lunch I took a walk on my own. It was a nice day, I decided to make my way to the chapel(Allerheiligen Kapelle) that was a little way up on the hill. I remember I had wanted to know what the pictures of Mary and Jesus were made of. It didn't look like a painting when I saw it the day b...

"You Can Run and You Can Hide, But I Will Always Find You" - 2002 -2004

This encounter with Jesus happened to me 14 years ago, but in my mind it was like it happened just yesterday. When I was a young Christian, my search for Christ in my life brought me to LISS conducted at FMM house in 2002 conducted by Praise@Work. There was a bookshop on the premises and my friend, Lynette and I bought a Tao cross (photo above). I promptly put it into the front pocket of my jeans. When I was leaving FMM house, I discovered that I had lost the Tao cross. One and a half years later, I attended another LISS in 2004, conducted also by Praise@Work. We had a session on washing the feet, after which we sat on the floor and did our own reflections. When i closed my eyes, suddenly I imagined Jesus was at my feet attempting to 'wash' it. I quickly said No! to my over active imagination. Our classroom was on the 2nd floor. I felt stressed and snuck downstairs to the back of the building so no one could find me. I found a chair next to a table that had ...